I have been experimenting a lot with food lately, and today I took my own spin on a classic snack my mom made when I was a kid (just as her’s did when she was young). The recipe requires only 4 ingredients and it is totally intimidation-proof (trust me, if I can make it you can too).
Here’s what you will need:
1. Pumpkin Seeds (duh!)
2. Olive Oil
3. Kosher Salt
4. Fajita Seasoning
Before you begin, pre-heat your oven to 400F.
1. Completely wash off any pumpkin guts left on the seeds. I used a colander to avoid losing any seeds in the process.
2. When the seeds are all squeaky clean, transport them to a bowl. Put a generous amount of olive oil on them and use a big spoon to evenly distribute. The key is to put a little on at a time, stir, then repeat the process. You can feel free to dash a tiny amount of salt during this step too.
3. Pour seeds onto a baking pan and completely smooth them out to avert any clumps of seeds. If you can’t avoid this, don’t fret -your seeds will still taste yummy.
4. Cover the seeds in fajita seasoning and dash on some more salt. If you’re afraid of over-seasoning, you can always add more when they’re done baking. I ended up not putting on enough salt at first, so I added more when it was done. It still stuck on to the seeds.
5. Bake the delicious concoction for 10-15 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
6. When the timer goes off, pull them out of the oven and use a spatula to flip them over. This will avoid the bottom to burn.
7. Enjoy your yummy snack and make it a family tradition!
What are some of your fall snack favorites? I’m always looking for more to try. 🙂
Have a blessed and beautiful day,